Senior QA Engineer
Cape Town North – Western Cape
Reporting directly to the Development Manager, this position will be based at the company Head Office or where the IT Development Team is located. You will be required to own and control the Quality Assurance aspect of any software created or delivered through the development department. This role will also include high-level support for the business (support desk/projects)
Minimum Qualifications/Experience Needed
- Industry recognized CA certification will be an advantage
- Coding background will be an advantage
- At least 4 years of experience in an application testing role
- Experience in SQL scripting
- Knowledge of C# and Firebird would be an asset
- Experience in the retail industry will be beneficial
- Excellent documentation and administrative skills
- Good business-needs analysis skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with priorities that can change on short notice
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills in computer software
- Ability to work independently and/or within a team environment
- Consistent ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure where required
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Detail-Orientated, analytical, and methodical
- Categorize bugs and be able to prioritize their time and workload
- High-level analytical skills.
- Be able not only to identify and record a problem but also to try to work out what is causing it
Key Role Responsibilities
- Engage with the software developers to determine quality assurance parameters
- Leading the QA team in designing QA test procedures
- Define the test approach for each sprint
- Design and create test cases for all new development
- Implementing testing procedures and overseeing the QA process.
- Executing test cases manually / automated.
- Troubleshooting quality issues and modifying test procedures.
- Functional testing of Applications including frontend, system integrations, regression, and end to end testing
- Identify, analyze, and document defects found during testing in the Defect Tracking System
- Collaborate closely with developers, identifying and verifying defects in the system
- Managing and maintaining the test environments and test data
- Follow process guidelines to ensure successful delivery of the product
- Reviewing QA reports
- Ensure the successful deployment of the developed software to stores.
- Manage complex calls and issues escalated from the support desk
- Conduct thorough investigation of issues (replicate outcome)
- Gather information and document findings