ICT ~ Mining/Minerals/Metals
Johannesburg North, Johannesburg – Gauteng – South Africa
You will play a crucial role in driving business growth by identifying and capitalising on new B2B opportunities within the Mining and Logistics industry with a track record of closing deals. You will ideally have a deep understanding of the South African Mining sector, along with a proven track record of successfully selling technology solutions and services to mines. This role requires a strong combination of strategic thinking, relationship-building, and sales expertise to achieve ambitious sales targets across multiple customer segments.
Requirements and skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business administration, Sales, marketing, finance, or a related field. A relevant technical degree may also be considered.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in Sales within the Mining or Information Technology sector, preferably with a focus on technology solutions.
- Proven ability in closing Technology sales, preferably in the mining industry, demonstrable success selling SaaS solutions at start-ups as well as larger organisations, dealing with multiple levels, including C-level stakeholders.
- Understanding of the South African mining sector, including its operational challenges, key players, and regulatory landscape.
- Familiarity with automation software, hardware, and support services is highly desirable.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a proactive approach to identifying and pursuing new business opportunities, with demonstrated ability to work independently and meet or exceed sales targets.
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Design customer solution (i.e., how our system will be deployed to suit customer needs)
- Ability to build and maintain long-term customer relationships based on trust and exceptional service.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with internal teams, including product development, support, and implementation, to ensure customer satisfaction and successful project delivery.
- Willingness to travel frequently within South Africa to meet with clients and attend industry events.
- Must be proficient in MS Office and CRM Software.