Regional Sales Manager
Cape Town Central – Western Cape
Reporting to the Sales & Marketing Executive, you will be responsible for all Western Cape regional sales, optimise the sales potential of the sales team as well as achieve the sales team results aligned with the strategic objectives of the organisation. The successful candidate will have experience with distribution and reverse logistics and warehousing, over and above the requisite sales & marketing experience. Important that you understand the process of how stock moves out of the Warehouse and can step in and manage warehouse staff if need be. High business acumen, driving performance and attention to detail are essential attributes required for the position.
Essential Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Grade 12
- Recognised Sales and/or Marketing Qualification
- Minimum of 5 Years Managing a sales team within an FMCG type environment
- Driver’s license – Essential
- Reliable Car – Essential
- Implementing multiple brand awareness initiatives per the company’s marketing plan
- Assess market share positioning (by brand) and develop formal strategies/action plans to maintain and grow footprint in responsibility.
- Developing and managing retention and growth strategies to optimise regional sales performance.
- Manage, maintain and build client relationships with key customers and their representatives.
- Provide training support to customers, in conjunction with Business Representatives, to ensure customers are updated on relevant technology and product developments.
- New business opportunities by identifying potential dealers and distributors and cross-selling opportunities
- Provide formal monthly report feedback, in the specified format
- Managing and monitoring the sales activities of Business Representatives in the region.
- Schedule and conduct regular sales meetings with Business Representatives to manage performance
- Manage the regional and Channel Partner relationships and ensure performance is aligned
- Evaluate and implement appropriate sales techniques to increase sales volumes within the region
- Draw up, present and ratify budgets for Exco and Board approval
- Oversee and control overall debtors as per standard trading terms and conditions
- Managing fixed and variable expenses (profit & loss statement) monthly against budgets and targets
- Ensure that the regional/team sales target is achieved per budget.
- Manage profitability levels monthly against actual budgets and targets
- Provide a monthly exception report on variances & corrective action
- Ensure Hazchem & health and safety compliance in terms of relevant regulations.
- Oversee receiving, warehousing, distribution and maintenance operations
- Oversee and manage the distribution and reverse logistics processes in collaboration with the Operations and Warehouse & Distribution Manager.
- Oversee the availability of stock for the market
- Strategically manage warehouse in compliance with company’s policies and vision
TCTC includes Medical Aid and Pension