Johannesburg East – Gauteng
Supply Chain & Costing. Reporting to the Head of Operations. This is a financial costing position that is linked to the supply chain. You will be required to manage, communicate, and facilitate Performance within the Supply Chain, including Operations, S&OP, Planning, Logistics, Quality, HSE, Sales and Finance. The position includes responsibility for the management of systems, resources, teams, committees, and any other necessary tools to execute business improvement activities. Accountable for the identification, implementation, and communication of improvement projects, including measuring and monitoring COGs reduction projects.
Essential Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Tertiary Qualification in Cost Accounting, or the appropriate equivalent
- CIMA – Advantageous or studying towards
- Relevant industry-recognized qualifications, eg Lean Six-Sigma (Green Belt) preferred
- Previous years of experience having worked within a Supply Chain environment within a Manufacturing, Distribution or related environment is essential
- Minimum of 5 years of accounting experience
- Activity-Based Costing (ABC) experience essential (Costing fundamentals)
- Knowledge and understanding of tracking, analysing and communicating KPIs
- Experience in working with functional projects linked with supply chain re-engineering projects
- Experience in improvement projects
- Ability to handle complex business problems with incomplete or ambiguous information
- Ability to work on systems and spreadsheets
- Technical skills in big data analysis
- IFRS knowledge
- Business Process knowledge
- Knowledge of available reports/tools on Syspro
- Advanced knowledge & application of excel
- Decision-making skills
Key performance requirements
- Report on all Sales and Operations Planning Data to OPCO.
- Measure, Track and Report on Operational Efficiencies.
- Monitor and Report on Activity-Based Costing (ABC), Operational budgets, Cost Centres, Product
- Developing annual budgets & monthly forecasts which are aligned with company strategy
- Develop and maintain financial solutions to achieve financial targets
- Define and Measure business unit financial KPI’s
- Manage and control financial reporting of a business unit within the Marketing & Sales division
- Ensure all the necessary financial systems and controls are in place
- Accountable for the completeness of financial records for unit
- Maintain financial integrity of accounts and ensure that they meet IFRS requirements
- Liaise with auditors both internal and external to ensure compliance with relevant controls
- Compile annual budgets (full Income Statement and selected Balance sheet components) and monthly forecasts
- Compile weekly Dash reports as an indication of the current month’s performance
- Compile and report accurate monthly flash figures
- Complete and report monthly actual results
- Provide monthly financial reports to all business stakeholders
- Analyse income statements (actual vs budget vs forecast) in detail and provide feedback
- Monthly margin analysis
- Conduct General Ledger reconciliations monthly
- Complete Insurance Declaration on an annual basis for this unit
- Measure, Track and Report on Stock Movements and Losses.
- Analyse and Report Costs related to Distribution.
- Measure and Optimise Production Outputs through Supply Chain Processes.
- Track and Report on Consignment Stock Movements and Variances.
- Manage Stock Accuracy through Stock and Cycle Counts.
- Manage Raw Material availability and Usage.
- Analyse and Report on Productivity Costing and Implement Interventions.
- Drive and challenge performance, actions and escalation processes through attendance at various meetings.
- Maintain the integrity of site data through training, regular review, change control and challenge, including but not limited to;
- Operational KPI’s, utilising ERP, manual and MES systems data,
- Productivity Scorecards
- Syspro Master Data relating to Operations and Finance e.g. run rates
- Financial data including validation of improvement benefits
- Provide analysis and insight across all site metrics including appropriate integration:
- Production performance – OEE and OTIF
- Leading Monthly Performance Reviews
- Actively establish, track, validate and monitor progress on a portfolio of improvement projects
- Champion the use of Work Class Manufacturing methodology for projects across Manufacturing, Quality, Safety and Supply Chain
- Oversee and report on the progress of Supply Chain activity, aligning with Finance and Procurement on all site-based initiatives, including robust change Management protocols
- Facilitate and coach regular use of Root Cause Analysis by all functions and levels
- Report monthly on project status validated benefits plus sustainability of results
- Facilitate the use of High Performance and Lean tools (including but not limited to; 5S, 8 Wastes, and Virtual Warehouses) to drive targeted performance improvements in productivity, safety, quality and service.
- Maintain robust Project Management and change control protocols
- Identify business improvement projects with Supply Chain Operations Manager for the year ahead within Operations, Quality, Safety and Supply Chain
- Provide supporting data analysis and justifications for any technology improvements and capital expenditures including any feasibility studies
- Support OPCO on all new projects to incorporate Best Practise processes and Performance Management, for example, value stream mapping, labour utilisation and planning
- Collaborate with other Departments to align on Best Practise and gain advantages through leverage opportunities