Chief Operations Officer
FMCG / Food & Bev /Agri
Cape Town – Western Cape – South Africa
Reporting to the CEO you will be required to provide strategic direction, leadership and management of operational and financial activities that are aligned to meet overall strategic objectives set by the Board of Directors.
You will be measured on operational performance, planning, budgets, cash flow and overall management including strategic plans. You will head up the Manufacturing, Supply Chain, QA, Technical Services, Health and Safety, Projects, Planning and Procurement departments.
You will be required to foster relationships with Senior Leadership Team members and build relationships with Distributors and Suppliers. Your ultimate function is to ensure the company’s operational execution supports the company strategy and achieves the company plans and strategies which support the objectives of the Company and the end consumer, as well as maintaining the financial success of the business.
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in Chemical/Electrical Engineering is mandatory
- 10 years of proven experience at a senior level in a similar position
- FMCG/Cosmetic/Pharmaceutical industry knowledge and manufacturing
- Understanding of diverse business functions
- Understanding of Corporate Governance and General Management best practices
- Excellent leadership skills
- Strong driver
- Experience in leading change projects
- Strong appetite for systems development and process improvement.
- Strong understanding of technology