CONSENT TO PROCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Pollock & Associates is committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act, No. 4 of 2013 (the “POPI Act”). Any personal information provided by you to Pollock & Associates for the purposes of your application will be used and processed in accordance with its Data Privacy and Document Retention Policies and the POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act)
Given the nature of the application, some of the personal information you are required to provide to Pollock & Associates may be special personal information, as classified in the Protection of Personal Information Act. This information is requested for the purposes of finding available employment positions.
By submitting your application and providing your personal information and special personal information to Pollock & Associates, you hereby consent to Pollock & Associates and any client that your job application is submitted to, processing and sharing your personal information for the purposes set out in this consent.
The personal Information provided by you in this application form, including all supporting documents provided with this application and during your engagement with Pollock & Associates:
• May be shared with any of our clients who have engaged us for the purposes of placing a position that you are or may be applying for. We will however only share the personal information which is required by the client for the purposes of the position they are looking to fill.
• Will be used and processed by Pollock & Associates and/or our client/s for the purposes of:
– Reviewing and processing your application for the position advertised
– Performing reference checks, credit checks, criminal checks, competency-based checks and other employee risk assessment measures where required, in order to fully assess your application for the position.
In this regard:
• Your personal information (including any special personal information) may be shared by Pollock & Associates and/or the client with approved bodies/companies/persons who will be performing or providing these checks, and they will share the results with Pollock & Associates and/or the client
• The results of all checks will then be processed by Pollock & Associates and the client, for the purposes that have been set out in this consent:
– If your application is successful, for the purpose of processing your employment with the Company that you are placed at (“the Company”). Thereafter the Company may use this information for administering and maintaining your employment with the Company;
– For historical, research and statistical purposes relating to Pollock & Associates business;
– For any purposes necessary in order to render its recruitment services, and for any legitimate and/or administrative business purposes relating to Pollock & Associates business;
– For any other purpose as required or permitted by law.
• Will be retained by Pollock & Associates for a period of 7 (Seven) years, after which it will be destroyed securely; subject to any legislative document retention periods that may apply or require us to retain your personal information for a longer period.
• Will be added to Pollock & Associates candidate database. We use this database for the purposes of sending out job notifications of positions that may be available, marketing our services, headhunting potential candidates for a new placement
– Our job position notifications are sent out through a mailing list, which you may unsubscribe to at any time. Your details will be retained on our candidate database for a period of 5 (Five) years; subject to any legislative document retention periods that may apply or require us to retain the information for a longer period.
– You may revoke consent at any time. If you no longer want us to process your personal information in our candidate database, please unsubscribe from the mailing list and notify us in writing, and we will remove your information from our database.
All personal information submitted to our clients for the purposes of a job application will be processed and retained by our clients in accordance with their own Data Privacy policies, procedures and retention periods, and the client will be regarded as the Responsible Party for all purposes relating to the use and processing of this personal information in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act. Pollock & Associates does not accept any responsibility or liability for how our clients process, use or retain that information.
If you, at any time, no longer want us to process your personal information for the purpose of this job application, please notify us in writing of your withdrawal of consent. You should however note that without your consent to process your personal information in relation to this job application, we are unable to process your job application and your job application will be withdrawn simultaneously with your withdrawal of consent.
I hereby certify that the information I have provided on this Application for Employment is true and complete to the best of my knowledge. I have provided information about all of my full-time jobs. I give Pollock & Associates authority to investigate all statements I have made on this form as may be deemed necessary for reaching an employment decision. I authorise Pollock & Associates to obtain a credit/criminal check when requested as an inherent job requirement by a client of Pollock & Associates.
I understand that any false or misleading information I knowingly provide on my Employment Application and in my Curriculum Vitae or interview(s) may result in discharge and/or legal action. I understand also that if I am employed by any client (employer) of Pollock & Associates, I am required to abide by all rules and regulations of the employer and any special agreements reached between the employer and me.