Engineering and Manufacturing
Qualification, Experience and Skills
• Bachelor’s degree/Diploma in Operations Management with extensive commercial experience.
• Min 10 years’ experience in a similar role with a medium to a large organisation with experience in commercial management, financial analysis and business processes reporting and documenting.
• Manufacturing sector experience essential
• Good broad understanding of business processes and controls
• Have the ability to take a top-to-bottom view but also have a hands-on approach.
• Good appreciation of IT Systems and implementation skills
• High-level business acumen, familiar with financial IT and software/computer platforms,
• Project Management skills, preparing business plans, financial models, projections and forecasts
• Experience in analysing and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
• Ability to interact at a Director and very senior management level
• High-level relationship building is a critical component
• Standard MS office package
• Management and leadership skills
• Commercial Market awareness
• Systems Orientated
• Proven ability to meet and exceed deliverables
• Sharp, go-getter, innovative, goal-oriented
• Ability to handle deadlines and stress
Reporting directly to the MD, our client is seeking a senior-level candidate who displays an ‘entrepreneurial approach to the requirements of the position. You will be required to manage labour, materials, plant and equipment in order to improve productivity, efficiency and profitability within the Operations. Contribute towards the achievement of the company’s strategic and operational targets and overall business objectives. Achieve the growth objectives of the organisation through the implementation of ongoing business improvement projects.