Warehouse and Distribution Manager
Supply Chain, Distribution, Logistics, Transport
Our client operating in the manufacturing sector is seeking an Action-oriented leader. You will be required to ensure operational efficiencies and optimization levels are achieved in the warehouse and distribution environment whilst maintaining alignment with business operations.
Essential Qualifications, Experience and Skills
• Diploma in Warehouse Management / Distribution / Logistics (NQF 6) (Minimum)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Warehouse Management / Distribution / Logistics (NQF 7) - Advantageous
• 5 years’ experience in Warehouse or Distribution / Logistics in a Manufacturing environment, of which up to 3 years should be at Supervisory level essential
• MS Office Suite
• Knowledge of Warehousing and Distribution processes and procedures
• Communication skills -both verbal and written
Key Results Areas
• Creating and recommending strategic plans
• Budget preparation process.
• Monitors and controls expenditure against budget
• Ensure efficient and effective use of warehouse space
• Plan, co-ordinate and monitor the receipt, packing, storage and dispatch of goods
• Ensure efficient and effective planning/ packing of export goods.
• Ensure inventories are accurate and control inventory levels
• Ensure any hazardous materials are stored in accordance with requirements.
• Establish, monitor and maintain high standards of security in the warehouse
• Investigate stock variances and recommend a rectification plan.
• Identifies and monitors risks within own department and area of responsibility.
• Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures, complying with legal regulations.
• Maintains effective working relationships with customers towards the highest quality of services
• Monitors and measures performance quarterly by conducting employee appraisals