Group Risk & Compliance Manager
Banking, Insurance and Financial Services
Our client operating in the financial services sector is seeking to appoint a senior-level Risk and Compliance Manager for the Group. You will be required to oversee Group Compliance and ensure that the Board of Directors, Exco and employees comply with the Legislation, Rules and Regulations of Regulatory Bodies, whilst also ensuring that Company Policies and Procedures are being followed and the behaviour in the Group meets the company Standards of Conduct.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• Bachelor of Laws Degree (LLB) / or similar qualification
• Qualification in Compliance and Risk Management (Advantageous)
• 5+ years’ experience in a Legal environment
• 5+ years’ experience in a Risk and Compliance position (Advantageous)
• 5+ years’ experience in a Managerial Position
• Knowledge of the Companies Act, National Credit Act, Debt Collectors Act, Protection of Personal Information Act, Promotion of Access to Information Act,
• Knowledge of labour legislation and Regulations (BCEA, LRA)
• Knowledge and background in Risk Policy, Governance and Processes
• Knowledge of Risk Management Principles
• Advanced project management skills.
• Advanced computer skills (MS Office, HRIS)
• Advanced interactive, conflict handling and negotiation skills
• Advanced management and organising skills
• Advanced leadership skills (including team leadership)
• Advanced networking and relationship building skills
• Advanced communication and influencing skills (including written communication skills)
• Advanced research, analytical, problem-solving and risk assessment skills
Key Result Areas:
• Staying updated and implementing core and primary/secondary Legislative requirements
• Monitoring the submission of all Group legislative requirements
• Submitting annual registration documents and maintaining renewal of certificates
• Drafting and reviewing of Client compliance Reports and Audits
• Maintaining and ensuring Group Client SLA’s are renewed and records maintained
• Submission of compliance documents to Clients (FICA and regulatory documents)
• Reviewing and updating of policies, procedures and standards of conduct
• Identifying potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk.
• Maintaining & updating the risk register for relevant risks identified.
• Monitoring and reporting of results of the compliance/ethics efforts.
• Responding to alleged violation of rules, regulations, policies, procedures and standards
• Drafting of SLA’s, Contracts, Agreements or other corporate documents
• Review of all contractual documents
• Ensuring that the quality management system conforms to the requirements of the ISO 9001:2015 Standard.