Regional Sales Manager - Durban
Sales and Marketing
Our client is seeking a Regional Sales Manager to manage and guide field sales agents and achieve sales quotas for specific regions in South Africa. To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience in managing sales agents and online sales. You should also be able to supervise a team of sales agents and set profitable goals. Our ideal candidates combine excellent communication skills with a strategic mindset and people management skills. Ultimately, you will ensure your area of responsibility meets and exceeds the expectations of our business objectives and contributes to our company’s success in the long run.
Education, Skills and Experience
• Proven work experience as a Regional Sales Manager, Area Manager or similar senior sales role
• Five or more years of sales experience
• Three or more years in a managerial role
• Ability to lead and motivate a high-performance sales team
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Excellent analytical skills and comfort with financials
• Ability to measure and analyse key performance indicators
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong organizational skills with a problem-solving attitude
• Availability to travel as needed
Key Result Areas:
• Collaborating with senior executives to establish and execute a sales goal for the region
• Managing a sales team to maximize sales revenue and meet or exceed company goals
• Developing specific plans to ensure growth both long and short-term
• Create regional sales plans and quotas in alignment with business objectives
• Analyse regional market trends and discover new growth opportunities
• Prepare and review the annual budget for the area of responsibility
• Forecasting annual, quarterly and monthly sales goals
• Forecast quarterly and annual profits.
• Report on regional sales results.
• Suggest new services/products and innovative sales techniques to increase customer satisfaction.
• Oversee sales and special promotions.
• Reviewing regional expenses and recommending improvement
• Evaluate regional and individual performances.
• Identify hiring needs, select and train new sales agents.
• Provide leadership on hiring and employee retention.