Engineering and Manufacturing
Our client is seeking a qualified Trade Tested Toolmaker/Fitter/Fitter and Turner supplemented with a technical diploma and experience at a supervisory level. You will be required to coordinate, control and oversee the maintenance of resources and equipment as well as to ensure continuous compliance with applicable standards and regulations.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Skills
• Diploma in a Technical/Engineering discipline or related fields (NQF 6)
• Trade Tested Toolmaker/ Fitter Fitter and Turner (NQF 5)
• Up to 5 years’ experience in Toolmaking in a manufacturing environment of which
• 1-2 years should be at the Supervisory level
• MS Office Suite; and SAP, ERP Systems and other job-specific software systems
• Knowledge of Engineering and Maintenance Systems, Processes and Procedures
Key Result Areas
• Ensures planned daily maintenance and routine inspections
• Ensures Tooling operations/maintenance work is executed within applicable standards
• Provides advice to Production as to which routines are required for preventative maintenance
• Oversees the calibration of instruments and machines to ensure legal compliance
• Reviews performed and reported maintenance results and implement corrective action
• Equipment checklists and service schedules updated on SAP.
• Ensures compliance with all relevant regulations and procedures
• Maintains effective working relationships with customers (both internal and external)
• In collaboration with HR, identify staff performance objectives, potential areas of development and action plans where necessary.
• Ensures ongoing training and development of employees.
• Contributes to the budget preparation process.
• Monitors and controls expenditure against budget and ensures spending occurs within budgetary limits and company financial guidelines