Process Engineering Specialist
Engineering and Manufacturing
Our client based in Port Elizabeth seeks a proactive, action-orientated Engineer with problem-solving and analytical skills. You will be reporting to the Engineer on-site to provide process engineering support, as well as to continuously contribute to the improvement of existing processes and procedures. Experience in supervising process technicians is essential.
Essential Qualification, Experience and Skills
• National Diploma in Engineering (NQF 6)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (NQF 7) an advantage
• Up to 5 years’ experience in Process Engineering within the Manufacturing environment of which 1-2 years’ should be at Supervisory level.
• Computer Literacy (MS Office Suite; and other job-specific software systems)
• Knowledge of Production and Engineering Processes and Procedures
• Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
Key Result Areas:
• Respond to and aims to rectify complaints/issues by performing analyses on processes and products.
• Analyse performance on products / related technologies.
• Modify and improve current and existing processes to enhance efficiency.
• Conduct feasibility studies and initiate new processes to contribute to the improvement of existing engineering practices.
• Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and procedures
• Maintain effective working relationships with customers (both internal and external) towards rendering the highest quality of services
• In collaboration with HR, identify staff performance objectives, potential areas of development and action plans where necessary
• Contribute to the budget preparation process.
• Monitor and control expenditure against budget and ensure spending occurs within budgetary limits and company financial guidelines
• Compliance with applicable regulations and procedures.