Accounting and Finance
Our client operates in the wholesale/retail sector is seeking a qualified (CA(SA) or completed CIMA as a Financial Accountant. You will be responsible for preparing monthly financial reporting and analysing financial data of income statements and balance sheet items.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
• CA(SA) or CIMA
• ERP knowledge and experience
• Business Intelligence experience
• Audit experience
• Proficient in Excel
• Good written and verbal skills
Key Result Areas:
• Analysis costs monthly to search for potential cost savings.
• Reconcile Balance Sheet accounts
• Analyse root causes for journals raised to allocate blank regions, branches and item groups.
• Run a weekly report of stock adjustments posted to the income statement and analyse the high-end values.
• Prepare and submit the Flash report to the group
• Complete the management pack with a schedule to group
• Collate branch POS reconciliations and collate regional unallocated transactions from the bookkeeper monthly.
• Collate the quarterly reports for BBEEE submission
• Review sundry payments daily – ensure that approvals for costs are received, credits from sundry suppliers have been received and invoices for proforma invoices have been received.
• Update schedules for tax pack monthly.
• Processing of monthly journals in line with budget.
• Processing of monthly regional fleet journal.
• Update the IFRS 16 schedule with the latest lease amendments.
• Assist with contract management and ensure that contracts are cancelled timeously.
• Authorise payments as a signatory of regional business unit
• Assist internal and external auditors with requested data and reports.
• Coach sundry creditor administrator and regional bookkeeper to achieve their monthly deadlines.
• Assist finance manager with leave management, workflow management and company resource management for your team members.
• Review Stock administrator’s analysis of stock deficiency journals weekly