Financial Accountant - Manufacturing
Accounting and Finance
Our client a leader in their field is seeking a Financial Accountant who has a solid track record in the manufacturing sector. You will be required to assist in managing the Groups’ and associated entities, accounting, finance and secretarial functions including assistance with their annual audit and preparation of annual financial statements.
• Post graduate qualification in Finance
• Post article experience is beneficial
• CA (SA) qualification is preferred
• Minimum 3 years of appropriate management experience in an accounting environment
• Demonstrates an understanding of all facets of business operations and interactions, a sound working knowledge of financial management, numeracy and attention to detail.
• Strong understanding of SA income tax, VAT and other tax legislations
• High-level computer literacy (including MS Office / Excel)
• Working experience in a financial environment
• ERP systems knowledge – preferably JDE
• Sound working knowledge of accounting practises
• Ability to write advanced macros and produce high-level spreadsheets and financial modelling
• Assist with preparation of monthly management accounts and Board packs.
• Assist with financial planning, modelling, budgeting and forecasting.
• Responsible for preparation of annual insurance declaration and management of on-going insurance claims.
• Responsible for Treasury management.
• Assist with property transactions and property matters, in addition to management of the company’s lease agreements.
• Preparation of the annual and monthly tax computations and payment of all company taxes including VAT, Income Tax, Dividends Tax, carbon tax and royalty tax.
• To perform secretarial functions for all companies within the Group.
• Monitor and supervise all timeous payments of utilities across the company.
• Obtain forward cover for imports and act as a bank signatory for the Group and entities
• Responsible for monitoring of cash throughout the centres.