East Rand, Johannesburg
Are you a hands-on executive with manufacturing experience in the technology manufacturing Sector? Do you have a growth-oriented mind-set to drive a business that derives shareholder value?
• The Group is a leading technology manufacturing company with manufacturing plants in Johannesburg, KwaZulu Natal and Cape Town, employing around 350 staff with an annual turnover in excess of R300 million
• Direct reporting into the board
• Full responsibility for the operations and all aspects of the business, including sales and marketing, finance, operations/production (supply chain, manufacturing, etc) and human resources.
• Responsibility will include developing appropriate short, medium and long-term strategies to not only protect market share but to grow the business through the development of new products, markets.
• Manage costs and drive continuous improvement through the entire operation.
• Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent in a Technical/Marketing/Sales/Business Management discipline
• Appropriate experience for at least 5 years managing a business with full responsibility for all functions of the business within a manufacturing and high labour-intensive environment
• Minimum 5 years of industry-related experience in the manufacture of technology products
• Understanding of financial and operational management within a manufacturing environment
• Proven experience in the management of Working capital, Human Capital, Marketing, Products, Product Development and the managing of contracts
• High level of business awareness and acumen; continuous monitoring of the annual budget and ensure that all the financial elements are attained and understanding the intricacies of financial management
• Hands-on person that is actively involved in the business and doesn't sit in his/her ivory tower.
• Must be business savvy and understand the current business landscape
• Ability to develop a vision and a proven track record of translating concepts into practice, and research into action
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong conflict resolution and management skills
• Strong organisational, strategic planning and reporting skills