Engineering and Manufacturing
Our client is seeking a Manager who possesses strong attention to detail, observation, organizational and leadership skills. You will be required to manage the company’s sourcing capabilities, raw material and packaging forecasting, ensuring they are directed towards sustained quality standards, material cost and margin improvement. Ensuring on time availability of materials for production and alignment of these activities towards meeting customers’ requirements and standards. This includes strategizing and negotiating with compliant local and international suppliers to acquire cost effective and efficient deals within a sustainable framework of reducing expenses and increasing margin.
• Commerce degree / diploma aligned to procurement.
• Min 5 years Chemical manufacturing / production experience.
• International sourcing, freight forwarding, and costing would be an advantage.
• Strong chemical knowledge and associated hazards. Previous experience in paint and or cleaning detergents would be an advantage.
• Previous experience in using ISO9001 as an active quality management system.
• Sound working knowledge of OSHAC and basic conditions of employment.
• Sound working knowledge of Microsoft word, excel and outlook.
• Experience using a business operating system within purchasing and inventory modules. SAGE would be an advantage.
• Good working knowledge of mathematic and data analysis.
• Excellent communication and listening skills.
• Management and leadership skills.
• Excellent planning, multitasking, and time management skills