Service Technician KZN
Durban North – Kwa-Zulu Natal
Reporting to the Product Support Technician you will be required to ensure excellent customer service is maintained and enhanced by dealing diplomatically with “complaint” calls and using discretion in determining the action required, ensuring that the complaint is resolved.
Essential Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Grade 12 or Equivalent qualification with technical subjects through an accredited educational institution, encompassing a plumbing course
- Qualified Plumber
- Min 3 yrs. experience as a Plumber or similar role
- Preferably have product knowledge of company products
- Computer system knowledge: Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Valid driver’s license- unendorsed code 8
Roles and Responsibilities
- The primary focus is on all products:
- Assist in customer service
- Assess and repair or replace defective products
- Identify and report product faults and probable causes.
- Attend site meetings with plumbers who report service calls, provide solutions as a training session, and promote company products.
- Report on competitors’ products and activities and recommend opportunities to improve sales.
- Diplomatically deal with customers, overcoming negativity towards the company as a result of alleged product failure.
- Submit a monthly report to the Technician – Product Support