Reporting to the Procurement Manager you will be required to negotiate contracts, prices and terms of business with suppliers whilst creating opportunities to minimize cost and apply procurement best practice tools and methods.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Diploma in Purchasing, Logistics or related fields (NQF 6)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Purchasing, Logistics or related fields (NQF 7)
- Up to 5 years’ experience as a Buyer in a Manufacturing environment
- 5+ Years’ experience Negotiation experience
- Intimate understanding of imports, international buying and shipping.
- Experience in managing several projects in a production environment
- Experience with Six Sigma and Lean Tools
- Proficient in Excel
- Analytical Skills
- SAP proficiency
- Computer Literacy (MS Office Suite and SAP, ERP Systems and other job-specific software systems).
- Communication skills (both verbal and written).
Key Role Responsibilities
- Purchase goods, materials, components or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets, both local and foreign.
- Ensure the continuous supply of required goods and materials and communicate
- Negotiate contracts, improve prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities
- Assess and evaluate suppliers and undertake performance reviews to ensure contract compliance
- Explore alternate sources for goods and materials
- Assess tenders and quotations from potential suppliers
- Prepare purchase orders in line with final negotiations with selected suppliers
- Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, and delivery or invoice issues
- Ensures a continuous supply of required goods and materials
- Assesses and evaluates suppliers, undertakes performance reviews to ensure contract compliance.
- Manages performance improvement activities including the exploration of alternative sources
- Ensure and promotes BBBEEE compliance on behalf of the company
- Contribute to the budget preparation process
- Monitors and controls expenditure against budget and ensures spending occurs within budgetary limits and company financial guidelines