Senior New Business Developer
Distribution / Transport / Logistics / Supply Chain
Cape Town – Western Cape – South Africa
Essential Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Minimum of 5 – 10 years of experience in the Freight forwarding industry – Sea and Air, Customs clearance.
- Ability to close deals across the board – big and small. Must be able to negotiate on a senior level with CEOs, MDs, Procurement managers etc.
- Willing to attend expos and trade shows.
- Candidates with knowledge of the chemical/Agri and hazardous sector will take priority.
- Broad knowledge of the following:
- Understanding the operational flow/procedures in Sea and Airfreight (Familiar with the relevant terms used in Freight. BOL, ANF, Cargo dues, Navis. Turn ins. Demurrage.
- Customs procedures EDI releases, custom stops (PORT HEALTH, SAPS, STATE VET)
- The basic understanding of warehousing.
- Free store vs Bond store. Hazardous vs general store
- (Pallet positions, racking, bin allocations, bulk stacking. MS system.
- Knowledge of the movement/warehousing of DG, and Hazmat will be a great advantage.
- Cross docking/unpacks at various warehouses.
- Local transport – Dedicated loads /Part loads
- Knowledge of cross-border movement will be an advantage.
- Exporting – Sea and Air are a must.
- Strong incoterm knowledge
- Strong personality
- High close ratio
- Must be fully bilingual in Afrikaans and English
- Own a car and a valid driver’s licence.
- Own laptop