Senior Engineer – Veritas Specialist
Reporting to Chief Technology Officer. Manage technical calls for large enterprise customers, Veritas clusters and storage requirements. Understand enterprise-level networking, routing and firewalls. Manage enterprise SAN environments as well as design and architecture overseeing
Veritas NetBackup Enterprise level escalations and troubleshooting.
- Veritas InfoScale Version 7 certification essential
- Veritas InfoScale Availability (Linux/Windows)
- Veritas InfoScale Storage (Linux/Windows)
- Veritas NetBackup
- SAN certifications – any vendor (switches/arrays)
- Minimum NQF 4 (Matric)
- NQF 5 or higher will be advantageous.
- Valid code 8 driver’s license and own reliable transport
- Stable internet at home
- Veritas InfoScale Availability (Linux/Windows)– 5 years
- Veritas InfoScale Storage (Linux/Windows)– 5 years
- Veritas NetBackup – 8 years
- Linux/Unix – 8 years
- SAN Experience (switches/arrays) – 8 years
- Networking – 5 years
- 10 years similar experience
- Self-motivated and can work within a team.
- MS Office literacy (MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook essential).
- Ability to work independently and meet daily tasks.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail