Senior Design Engineer: Firmware
Automotive ~ ICT
Winelands District – Western Cape – South Africa
Join a dynamic team where innovation meets excellence. Take charge of the future, designing groundbreaking solutions in the Digital and RF/Microwave Engineering domain.
As the Senior Design Engineer specializing in firmware, you will spearhead vital engineering projects, developing sophisticated firmware and embedded software solutions. You will champion firmware design strategies, leveraging your expertise in HDL languages and simulation tools to create high-performance systems that stand out in a competitive market.
- Bachelor’s degree in electronic engineering, computer engineering, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in FPGA firmware design
- Mastery of Verilog, VHDL, and other HDL languages
- Proficiency with HDL design and simulation environments such as Intel Quartus, AMD Vivado, Siemens Modelsim
- In-depth knowledge of bare metal C++ on arm and RISC-V, embedded LINUX
- Familiarity with software workflows including GIT-based version control and KANBAN boards
- Transform design briefs into detailed documentation and visually compelling reports for stakeholders
- Craft and test prototype designs using state-of-the-art HDL design suite and tools
- Develop reusable library modules, enhancing efficiency and maintaining industry standards
- Implement rigorous testing regimes, pivoting based on results to deliver products that embody excellence
- Cultivate firmware modules rooted in industry standards and regulations
- Create intuitive engineering UIs for streamlined configuration, monitoring, and testing
Are you a problem-solver with a passion for technology and innovation? Are you ready to step into a role where your skills will bring visionary designs to life, shaping the future of the industry? Take the next step in your career. Apply now to begin your journey with a company where your work makes a substantial impact.