East London – Eastern Cape
Position is based in Queenstown. Reporting to the Operations Manager you will be responsible for the planning, direction and coordination of the operations of the production facility. This is inclusive of formulating and implementing SOPs, managing daily operations and full utilisation of plant equipment, and raw material as well as people management. In addition, ensure that the plant is maintained per an approved maintenance programme, including legal and mandatory requirements.
Education, Experience and competencies required:
- National Diploma/Degree in Production Management
- At least 5 years’ experience within an FMCG/Cold-Chain manufacturing and packing environment
- In-depth knowledge and the assurance of GMP, HACCP, TACCP, FSSC22000, OHS and affiliated legal compliance framework requirements.
- Valid Driver’s licence, code 08 (EB), without any endorsements
- Proficient in all MS Office applications
- The ability to manage and lead teams toward a high-performing production team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills, including Project Management skills
- Effective communication skills and change management capabilities