Our client is seeking an Operations Manager to support the MD in line with the business strategy. You will display skills of system orientation, the ability to manage multiple projects and a strategic thinker. You will be responsible for contributing towards the achievement of the company’s strategic and operational targets. The role will ensure a low-cost manufacturing production environment through the direct use of resources (labour, material, plant and equipment) to improve efficiency and profitability within Operations.
Qualification, Skills & Experience:
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree with extensive Operations knowledge and experience.
- At least 10 years’ experience in a similar role with a medium to a large organisation with experience in commercial management, financial analysis and business processes reporting and documenting.
- Ability to interact at a Director and very senior management level
- Manufacturing sector experience essential, printing/packaging highly advantageous
- Experience in analyzing and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- High-level relationship building is a critical component
- High-level business skill (cost focus – profit-driven).
- Working knowledge of appropriate computer costing and analysis systems/tools.
- Ability to analyse, interpret and action management tools.
- Technical knowledge of the product concerning design and manufacturing.
- Project Management skills, preparing business plans, financial models, projections and forecasts
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Identify Capex requirements, complete a financial study and present to the business
- Directs and participates in acquisition and growth activities to support overall business objectives
- Adopts best manufacturing practices to ensure continuous business improvement.
- Identifies gaps between current manufacturing practices and develops corrective strategies
- Extract data from MIS to produce accurate meaningful reports.
- Monitors production processes and workflow to constantly improve productivity and efficiency
- Effective management of production costs
- Ensure health and safety is championed and managed as per the OSH Act
- Ensure the plant operates within the required environmental guidelines and regulations
- Proactively participates in strategic projects.
- Supports Business Plans including mergers and acquisitions.
- Hold project reviews to ascertain the progress and performance of the project
- Implement and sustain the principles of lean manufacturing.
- Invoke Total Quality Management and total productive maintenance
- Engage and provide technical advice in pre-production meetings
- Ensure optimum machine performance and availability through ongoing monitoring and evaluation
- Develop and maintain an annual schedule of planned maintenance.
- Keeps abreast of new technologies, developments, processes and equipment
- Constantly review and research new and efficient factory layouts to improve production workflows
- Develop an effective supervisory team within production