Durban Central – Kwa-Zulu Natal
Reporting to the CEO you will be responsible for maintaining brand integrity across all company marketing initiatives and communications for the Group. A high degree of marketing and general business acumen with sound knowledge of the South African retail and wholesale environment is essential to be considered for the role. A Creative and innovative, out-the-box thinker is required to lead and manage the Marketing team.
- Degree in Marketing /BA Communications or equivalent.
- 8-10 years in brand or consumer insights management with a clear understanding of brands and the marketing mix.
- A high degree of marketing and general business acumen
- Sound knowledge of the South African retail & wholesale environment
- Excellent stakeholder and relationship management.
- Strong research skills and ability to work well in cross-functional environments
- Results-driven with the ability to run projects from beginning through to completion
- Excellent analytical skills and sound decision-making skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Advanced skills in all Microsoft Applications
- Valid driver’s licence
Key Performance Areas:
- Develop a marketing strategy to support the company objectives in terms of sales growth, customer satisfaction, brand awareness, etc.
- Design & propose the annual marketing budget in line with the above
- Manage company internal and external communication on behalf of the CEO
- Develop company quarterly newsletter, design content, prepare for printing
- Develop a social media strategy and plan and execute all brand communications and media actions online and on social media platforms.
- Brand management and awareness including design of branding for company property, apparel, trucks, vehicles, carrier bags and packaging.
- Work collaboratively with the sales team and relevant internal stakeholders to identify and recommend marketing initiatives to drive sales
- Responsible for all advertising across the Group
- Upgrade and maintain the company website and promotions on the website.
- Manage the creation of in-store marketing displays and digital and social media campaigns.
- Perform an audit on retail stores ensuring that marketing standards are aligned
- Events management of all company social, corporate and employee wellness functions