Marketing Manager Commercial
Johannesburg South – Gauteng
Reporting to the GM Marketing you will be required to manage the Marketing function for the company internally and externally and support the Commercial business units to build marketing campaigns, generate leads for product campaigns and safeguard the brand and market positioning by utilizing various marketing channels and mediums. This is achieved by utilizing market intelligence data and analytics and by building strategic campaigns and marketing models that will create commercial opportunities and brand consideration.
Essential Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Relevant Education (Degree in Business, Marketing Management, Marketing Communications, Market/Business Intelligence or related) or equivalent high-level work experience
- Business knowledge and Commercial experience in a similar role
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media
- Digital Campaign Management knowledge and background
- Thorough knowledge of marketing principles, brand, product and service management.
- Managerial and Leadership experience with growth potential
- Marketing Management’s strong capabilities, background and outputs
- Business to Business Integrated Marketing development experience
- Demonstrates understanding of customers, their commercial offerings, industry, business, motivational drivers and needs.
Key Result Areas
- Develop an integrated marketing plan to support the commercial business objectives by addressing commercial needs, customer needs and brand/product perceptions in the market whilst managing the allocated budgets annually, quarterly and monthly
- Execute marketing plans and concepts to increase the awareness and consideration for the overall brand and products as selected products and services
- Build and maintain the brand to be perceived as an attractive company to work for in strong cooperation with HR and the Brand and Communications Manager
- Ensure effective internal marketing processes are in place within the commercial framework
- Drive digital innovation in marketing to effectively reach selected target groups and increase digital marketing commercial performance
- Active presence and content strategy in commercial and customer online channels (Digital Platforms, social media, Search, Web and Mobile etc.)
- Support commercial strategy and market plan development by applying information and insights gained
- Drive and support the Retail Network in the development of local marketing plans/activities and follow up on implementation and results as well as on marketing governance
- Maintain and optimize the relationship with relevant industry bodies and associations
- Manage and execute events (Customers, Employees, Media, Partners, Retail networks, Sponsorship) and participate in business-relevant trade and stakeholder events.
- Create a Sponsorship plan and deliverables for the overall market, various product segments and the Retail Network
- Source opportunities for sponsorship activities that will result in positive brand positioning
- Execute sponsorship activities that will encourage opportunities and lead generation