Johannesburg South – Gauteng
Reporting to the Plant Manager, you will be required to apply your knowledge and experience to lead a safe, cost-effective manufacturing operation while maintaining quality and service standards. Essential that you have production experience in a chemical process plant environment and have managed a large team of blue-collar and support staff. Essential that you have ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and OHSAS 18001 standards and strong LEAN Principles experience.
Essential Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Chemistry or technical discipline.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in production management.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Batch Chemical Process Plant environment
- Minimum 5 years’ experience running a Plant in the Industry.
- Must possess expertise in the areas of Hazmat, Emergency Response, OSH requirements, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and OHSAS 18001.
- Strong LEAN Principles experience
- Computer literate including proficiency in SAP and Microsoft Office programs
- Demonstrates leadership, problem-solving and conflict management skills (horizontal and vertical).
- Demonstrates a professional, team-player attitude toward work and co-workers.
- Must be able to embrace/drive change.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Maintain a presence on the shop floor and keep open communication
- Monitor manufacturing performance in real-time and post-mortem.
- Adjust production on time to improve performance.
- Communicate daily with planning to maximize the companies’ ability to optimise labour efficiency.
- Drive the Continuous Improvement programs to the full depth of integration
- Ensure that all safety policies and procedures are followed.
- Drive improvements in safety, quality, service, productivity, and housekeeping.
- Lead, inspire and empower employees to transform the organization to Lean through constant waste elimination
- Train, develop and cross-train employees to their full potential.
- Perform Stock Counts and ensure Root Cause Analysis is done on all Adjustments.
- Process Order Variances are Managed, Reviewed, rectified and controlled.