Durban Central – Kwa-Zulu Natal
As MD you will report directly to the Regional Management of the parent company in Germany. At the same time, cooperates with all functional divisions of the Group and the subsidiary companies. All current and future managers and employees within South Africa report to the MD.
Our client is a leader in the manufacture of and sale of components and systems of HVAC equipment. As MD you will assume the overall responsibility for the results of the company nationally. You will be responsible for adjusting the Group strategy to the local market conditions and for implementing the agreed measures accordingly. These measures should maintain the leading, robust, and profitable market positioning or should lead to such positioning in the medium or long term.
In this context, you will be responsible for the implementation of the decisions made together with the parent company concerning the market, including the monitoring of results and the reporting to Head Office internationally.
Essential Skills and Experience
- 8-10 years of practical experience in the management of comparable sales-orientated businesses and proof of success in the professional and personal management of staff
- Extensive years of experience in the sale of products requiring explanatory support, preferably in the manufacturing/HVAC industry and in the project business with industry customers
- Experience in working with an international holding company with a matrix reporting structure
- Experience in dealing with governmental organisations and institutions
- Excellent command of the English language – speaking and writing
- Knowledge of the country-specific employment laws
- Ability to use recognised management methods for strategic corporate development and operative management in a sensible, targeted manner and thus always sets an example within the company.
- Person of integrity with absolute loyalty and honesty towards his/her employer; possessing good judgement, a strong will to succeed and the distinct ability to think in complex contexts
- A decisive person with good implementation and assertiveness skills, a high sense of responsibility, strong cooperation and communication skills and visible management qualities
- Strengths concerning flexibility, organisational talent and negotiation skills, driven by a high level of performance and commitment and ability to work under pressure
- Distinct abilities in the management and motivation of employees, visible intercultural understanding
- A systematic method of working and a good ability to think strategically