Engineering and Manufacturing
Our client is seeking an assertive individual who manages and leads by example. You will be required to achieve world-class manufacturing targets in line with lean manufacturing principles. You will be appointed as GMR2 appointee for the facility.
• Matric (Standard 10) or recognized equivalent qualification
• Advanced Supervisor / Management Certificate or Diploma, or
• Productivity Certificate or Diploma
• Minimum of 8 years experience in a Production environment of a manufacturing entity.
• 4/5 years’ experience in a Supervisory Capacity or 2/3 years’ experience in a management capacity.
• Experience in Lean manufacturing.
• Computer Literacy – working with an integrated ERP system
• MS Office (Word, Excel, PP, MS Project)
• Managing Processes and Process Improvement
• Tracking and reducing manufacturing waste using OPEX initiatives.
• Scheduling production planning with the planner to maximize OEE.
Key Result Areas
• Ensure full compliance to all national OHS Act requirements and Occupational Health and Safety regulation and policies.
• Ensure all internal and External Safety Audit action plans relating to the facility are actioned.
• Achieve Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) targets.
• Ensure online production recording system is used hourly / daily / monthly
• Conduct Kaizen events in your area of responsibility and compile weekly progress reports.
• Optimize daily production program in liaison with planning, product specs, priorities, raw materials, and line resources in terms of men and machines.
• Provide expertise for operating parameters of machines, tooling, and related manufacturing processes,
• Effectively manage inventory levels in conjunction with Logistics.
• Provide assistance with continuous improvement projects till successful completion.
• Supervise and implement Total Productive Maintenance in the factory.
• Ensure all products are manufactured to Quality Procedure Manual standards
• Attend daily production meetings.
• Compile and submit accurate reports as and when required
• Appropriate systems in place to monitor and manage factory expenses
• Ensure internal audits are conducted for ISO/GMP/5S audits and involve teams in improvement actions.
• Deal with customer complaints in line with company procedures / visit customers when required.
• Assist with troubleshooting and solving of technical problems on the line.