Job opening has expired
Sales and Marketing
Our manufacturing client based in East London is seeking a driven Sales Manager for the Eastern Cape and George regions. You will be required to develop a strategy to ensure that market share is maintained and grown. Essential that you have knowledge of the Eastern Cape market including public and private sectors and the distribution market.
• Matric plus a Degree/Diploma in Sales/Marketing or Building Management
• Preferably 10 years of management experience at the Regional/Divisional level.
• Strong leadership qualities combined with strong sales management experience.
• Understanding and knowledge of the Eastern Cape market including both public and private sectors, in particular, the distribution market
Key Result Areas:
• Developing and implementing strategies and policies
• Reports monthly on performance against agreed budget criteria.
• Ongoing promotion of products to achieve and grow budgeted targets.
• Develops and maintains relationships with local Government and developers’
• Cultivates relationships with appropriate parties to optimise sales opportunities.
• Controls all distributor agreements and communication
• Coordinates merchandising programmes
• Develop and coordinate promotions through distributors
• Identify promotional needs of stockists and actions
• External and internal communications in respect of sales activities.
• Trains stockists on product knowledge and administrative procedures.
• Ensure achievement of overall sales targets in the sales network.
• Prepare annual sales budgets for local and imported products
• Prepare monthly reports of sales performance against budget, market trends and opportunities.
• Ensures that efficient sales and service levels are maintained.
• Controls and authorises credit notes. Authorises daily discount schedule