Group Financial Manager CA(SA)
Accounting and Finance
Reporting directly to the MD and a key member of the MANCO Team. Responsible for the overall financial management of the Group. Holding company in South Africa with subsidiaries in SSA The Group has a turnover of over R1.8 billion and therefore experience with a similar financial responsibility is essential.
The objective of the Group Financial Manager position is to:
• Manage the fiscal activities of the company to ensure a high level of accuracy, integrity and sustainability.
• Plan and develop systems and procedures to improve the operating quality and efficiencies of all departments ensuring alignment with company objectives.
• Provide leadership and strategic guidance to staff in Finance, Procurement and IT to ensure that everyone achieves personal job objectives and growth within the organisation.
• The position is also responsible for the high-level management of the Information Technology Department.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
• Chartered Accountant (SA)
• Minimum of 3 - 4 years experience in leading a Finance Department in a Finance Manager role.
• Acquisition experience essential.
• Application of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
• Sound knowledge of applicable statutory laws including Companies Act, VAT Act, Income Tax Act and others.
• Sound knowledge of the BBBEE Codes.
• Microsoft Navision experience would be preferable.
• Advanced competency in the Microsoft Office Suite.
• Proven track record of People Management Skills.
• Operational hands-on, practical and willing to get stuck in.
• Equity candidate is non-negotiable.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE:
• Overseeing all functions within the Finance Department ensuring compliance with (IFRS)
• Ensuring that the company meets tax requirements and filing of returns.
• Preparation and publishing of the annual financial statements after a presentation to the Board of Directors for approval.
• Ensuring that monthly management accounts are accurate, completed and that all stakeholders receive these timeously.
• Ensuring that adequate information is available for budgeting/forecasting purposes.
• Implementing Fixed Asset policies and procedures to drive compliance to ensure proper control over company assets.
• Managing the process around the proper and timeous capitalization/disposal of assets in line with company policies and IFRS. Ensuring that regular physical fixed asset verifications are completed.
• Optimizing investment returns and managing risks related to the company’s financial activities as well as taking responsibility for overall corporate liquidity.
• Reducing foreign exchange risks and optimizing forward cover purchases. Maintaining a system of policies and procedures that impose an adequate level of control over treasury activities.
• Reviewing annual short-term insurance policies and ensuring sufficient insurance cover is in place according to Group Global Policies.
• Managing credit insurance processes and procedures in terms of Accounts Receivable.
• Ensuring compliance at a national level to the Credit Management Policy by providing technical expertise in the areas of credit collection, debtor administration systems, vetting/credit risk assessment, securities and default litigation and procedures.
• Managing and controlling bad debt write off and transfer to the doubtful ledger.
• Assuming a high-level responsibility for the operational excellence of the IT Department in terms of alignment and deliverables of company / departmental requirements/objectives.
• Ensure the effective implementation and compliance with the Procurement Strategy and the Procurement Procedure across the organisation.
• Directly responsible for two aspects of the BBBEE strategy on Enterprise Development and Supplier Development.
• Ensure employee efficiencies and productivity are optimized in support of the objectives of the department and company.
• Responsible for employee development through a sound performance management process.