Johannesburg East – Gauteng
An established food manufacturing company relies on the efficiency and effectiveness of its distribution centre. Reporting to the Logistics Manager you will be driven by a customer-centric mentality. You will be required to supervise the logistics process and team to achieve business objectives. Our client counts on exceptionally talented, bright, and committed people to deliver on the company’s promise to consumers.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- National Diploma in Supply Chain Management
- 5 – 10 years of relevant experience in a related role within the food manufacturing environment
- MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Apply a range of project management tools and techniques
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Receive the Forecast File from the Sales Dept and complete the MRP against agreed timings
- Share the MRP with all relevant parties highlighting manufacturing and Packing constraints.
- Conduct month-end counts at 3rd Party Co packers and resolve stock variances
- In line with HQ, Financial Procedures initiate the Raw Material and Packed Product stock write-offs
- Coordinate and manage Logistics improvement projects. (Kaizen projects)
- Manage the imported ingredients contracts including direct liaison with overseas suppliers
- Expedite critical raw material and packaging shortages against the production, refinery and tanker plans.
- Manage Logistics information on SAP
- Manage the contract for the transport provider
- Manage the completion and issuing of the Production, Materials and Tanker plans
- Comply with Legislation as set out in the OSH Act and to organisational standards
- Comply with Legislation as set out in the relevant Food legislation, regulations and organisational standards
- Monitor and control costs in the area of responsibility