Petrochemical, Oil and Gas
Reporting to the MD our client is seeking a high-level executive to provide strategic leadership to the business towards the achievement of company strategic corporate objectives. This is an executive-level position where extensive experience is required managing operations at a senior level. Experience in chemical operations is non-negotiable. Essential requirement to assume the role of Section 16(2) for the sites.
Due to our client's Equity Plan, preference will be given to Coloured/Black Females and Coloured/African Males.
Essential Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
• Chemical, Mechanical or Process Engineering degree or NQF equivalent
• Min 7 years of senior management experience
• Min 12 years’ production and manufacturing experience
• Experience in chemical operations is non-negotiable
• A strong understanding of the OSH Act
• Knowledge and application of key manufacturing systems and tools
• Knowledge of regulations relating to manufacturing and logistics
• Supply and demand planning knowledge.
• Strong persuasion and negotiation skills
• Financial and budgeting control skills
• People management and motivational skills
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent quality control skills
Key Result Areas
• You will be required to ensure a streamlined value chain and achieve Safety, Environmental, Quality and OEE targets of plants.
• Manage multidisciplinary teams including production, maintenance, process technical, process engineering, SHE, and Human Capital.
• Continuously evaluate plant operations for improvement opportunities.
• Develop plant maintenance strategy and assure that production assets are maintained
• Assure the plant can keep running to meet the required output levels.
• Define, design, and implement, plant efficiency and effectiveness (process) improvements.
• Compliance with governance and compliance policies and procedures.
• Compliance with Safety, Health and Environment standards.