Group Human Resources Director
Human Resources & Skills Development
Reporting to the COO and CFO assume a seat at EXCO. The Group HR Director will be responsible and accountable for the vision and the strategy, driving the internal culture as well as best practice through the entire Human Resource function throughout the company nationally. Ensure relevant and effective processes that support the company’s operations, with a close eye on continuous improvement and progress that drives the Group’s human capital contribution beyond that of its competitors.
Essential Qualifications, Experience and Skills
• Min of a 3-year relevant degree
• 12+ years Human Resources experience of which 5 years at a senior level
• Solid experience in the development of business strategies in HR
• Technical Supply Chain sector experience would be preferred
• Experience in the development and managing projects and create executive business cases
• Ability to understand, balance, prioritize and develop compelling approaches to best meet the needs of the business.
• Functional Skills:
o Business acumeno Strategico People planning & processeso Agile thinkingo Change managemento Coaching
Key Result Areas:
• Formulation and implementation of the Human Capital Strategy
• Continuous enhancement of the human resources processes, policies and communications
• Initiate HR projects that support business growth and employee development, from succession planning to company values awareness.
• Oversee and direct functions of the Employee Relations Manager
• Oversee and direct functions of the Group Training Manager
• The key driver of efforts to reach EE targets through recruitment and promotion initiatives
• Oversight of the drafting and submission of EE Plans and Annual EE Reports, as well as EE committee agendas, managed by the HR Systems Manager
• Oversight of the company’s recruitment, providing guidance, structure and deadlines to the in-house recruiting process
• Engage with a compliance agency to build or maintain the company’s BEE status, coordinating the verification process together with the agency
• Board member acting as a representative of the Provident Fund
• Ensure full legislative compliance with relevant labour legislation including EE, Skills Development, BCEA, LRA, and OHSA