East London – Eastern Cape
Position is based in Queenstown. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer you will be accountable for the management of the Human Resources and Training strategy and related HR and Training functions. Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy. Site HR payroll input and authorisation. Site coordination of Employment Equity and Skills Development Forums. This role ensures key participation within the management team while demonstrating sound communication principles and promoting continual positive employee relations.
Education, experience, and competencies required:
- BTech/Degree in HR Management and/or related field is essential
- A Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) in HR / Labour Law is advantageous
- A minimum of at least 5 – 7 years of relevant working experience in manufacturing
- At least 3 – 5 years’ managerial experience is required.
- 3 years of solid IR and labour relations experience, including dealing with trade unions within a manufacturing environment.
- At least 3 – 5 years of experience in recruitment, compensation and benefits, training and development, people/performance management, HR policy and regulations and employee retention initiatives.
- HR Cost and Budget management.
- In-depth knowledge of the LRA, BCEA, Skills Development, B-BBEE and EE Acts.
- MS Office, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel