Head of Business Operations
Centurion – Gauteng – South Africa
We seek a dynamic and experienced Head of Business Operations to join our client’s team and drive excellence in debt collections, customer support, loan administration, and commercial credit functions. It plays a critical role in maintaining loan book quality and managing the overall risk exposure, driving business growth through innovation, efficiency improvements and improving customer experience. Play a pivotal role in shaping the future of business operations.
As the Head of Business Operations, you will be responsible for:
- Leading and mentoring a team of professionals specialising in assessing and evaluating credit risks associated with commercial loans.
- Implementing and executing strategic priorities and operational tactics for credit verifications, debt collections, asset recovery, accounts management, and customer administrative support.
- Assisting the Managing Executive of Lending Operations in strategic planning, process improvements, and business reporting.
- Maintaining loan book quality and managing overall risk exposure.
- Driving business growth through innovation, efficiency improvements, and enhancing customer experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Business Management, Administration, Finance, Legal, or a relevant field.
- Honors or MBA will be an advantage.
- 6 to 8 years of experience in senior leadership positions overseeing banking or financial services business operations.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in banking operations, risk management, compliance, and regulatory frameworks at senior management level.
- Experience in managing service provider agreements or outsourcing services.
- Exposure to and understanding legal agreements and processes, particularly in commercial law and debt recovery.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Robust financial modelling and project management skills.
- In-depth knowledge of compliance, governance, and business strategy.
- Ability to interact and engage at the Executive and Board levels.
- Excellent understanding of commercial business requirements and exposure to structuring commercial loans.
- Proficiency in revenue management, including managing costs throughout the debt collections value chain.
- Experience in process improvement methodologies, such as Lean or Six Sigma, is preferred.
- Proficiency in risk assessment, technological acumen, financial analysis, and staying updated with best practices.
- Expertise in corporate credit, collection agencies, legal and compliance procedures, credit risk, and account management.
- Thorough understanding of the entire credit lifecycle and the financial services industry from a business perspective.
- Ability to make informed decisions in uncertain situations.
- Customer-centric mindset with knowledge of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) applications/software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, with advanced Excel skills.
Proven leadership, people management, and change management skills.