Financial Manager CA(SA)
Durban – Kwa Zulu Natal – South Africa
Our client is a leader in development credit and is committed to driving growth through innovation, strong partnerships, and data-driven decision-making. With an unwavering focus on efficiency and simplicity, they are poised for significant expansion.
As a Financial Manager, you will be pivotal in the organisation’s Leadership Team, reporting to and supporting the Financial Director. This hands-on position demands a balance of strategic thinking and meticulous attention to detail. We seek an ambitious individual with a CA(SA) qualification and a comprehensive financial management skill set. The ideal candidate will leverage their expertise to delve into the intricacies of the company operations, foster the growth of the finance team, spearhead innovative projects, and conduct in-depth research on technical matters.
- CA(SA) qualification
- Minimum of 3 years of post-article experience in financial management.
- Experience within a financial services provider is preferred.
- Financial management
- Team development
- Project management
- Risk and audit
- Advanced Excel and report writing
Role and Responsibilities:
- Maintain financial data integrity and ensure compliance with high reporting standards, including regulatory requirements.
- Lead and manage the finance team to achieve objectives, promoting continuous improvement and individual development.
- Engage in succession planning and talent development and collaborate with the Finance Specialist and Leadership Team on finance and organisational projects.
- Oversee the entry and processing of financial data in reporting systems.
- Prepare management accounts and associated reconciliations.
- Manage external audit processes and support the compilation of Annual Financial Statements.
- Assist in the budgeting process and handle monthly and annual SARS returns.
- Proactively mitigate financial risks, drive strategic decision-making, and lead efficiency enhancement projects, including financial modelling, tax reviews, cost analysis, and ad-hoc projects.