Durban Central – Kwa-Zulu Natal
Reporting to the Financial Director you will ideally be an individual with a CA(SA) qualification but not looking to be tied down with Management and Annual reporting from month-end to month-end. You will be able to utilise your skills and experience to delve into the operations and fundamental mechanics of the business.
Responsible for the compliance, internal audit and Finance/HR projects. Work on new and topical projects in the organization and conduct research and provide professional opinions on technical matters. The role is a hands-on role, with the expectation that you can function at both a strategic and detailed level.
Essential Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- At least 2 years post articles experience. Experience in compliance, internal audit and financial management with a credit provider is preferred.
- Prepared to consider candidates that have done Honours in Accounting, Tax, Auditing and Finance Management. PLUS completed Articles at a large or medium-sized audit firm if they have at least 5 years of experience in compliance, internal audit or financial services
- Understanding of business processes
- Understanding of applicable laws and regulations including but not limited to the Companies Act, National Credit Act, Consumer Protection Act and Protection of Personal Information Act
- Advanced Excel
- Risk and compliance skills
- Audit skills
- Financial management skills
- Project management skills
- Report writing skills