Engineering and Manufacturing
KZN North Coast
Our client on the KZN North Coast is seeking a self-motivated, systems orientated individual who drives for excellence, and who makes things happen through their strong interpersonal and leadership skills. The position calls for an experienced Factory Manager with the ability to work effectively as a senior member of the Management Team coupled with broad experience in sugar engineering and sugar production.
• BSc/BTech in Mechanical/Electrical / Chemical Engineering
• Broad experience in sugar engineering and sugar production.
• Min 10 years’ experience at a Senior Management Level in the Sugar Industry essential
• Government Certificate of Competency (Factories) would be highly advantageous.
• Extensive experience in managing modern plant reliability and LEAN manufacturing systems.
• Well-developed leadership and management skills to lead high-performance teams.
• Attention to detail and proven ability to work under pressure.
• Strong business acumen.
Key Result Areas:
• Deliver sustainable production performance.
• Comply with SHERQ and Food Safety systems.
• Responsible for sugar, bagging, molasses and co-gen delivery
• Responsible for both operational and equipment effectiveness.
• Focus, develop and lead a high-performance factory team.
• Co-set and attain annual SHE, production, asset management and cost targets.
• Focus on LEAN manufacturing best practices to reduce wastes and to reduce cost per unit.
• Implement and deliver on strategic projects objectives.
• Report periodically on factory performance