Scrap Metal Buyer
Engineering and Manufacturing
Our client is seeking to appoint a Scrap Metal buyer within the procurement team. You will be reporting directly to the Procurement Manager. You will be required to procure and secure the sourcing and buying of Ferrous Scrap Metal from Industry.
• Grade 12
• Relevant University degree or tertiary qualification recommended
• 5 years of buying ferrous scrap from industry and the recycling industry
• Must be able to arrange logistics for the supply of this scrap.
• Must be able to communicate and negotiate with scrap processors, aiming to buy at the best possible price.
• Responsible for looking after any complaints or queries from customers
• Proficient in MS Excel
• Proficient in ERP applications
• Have the necessary Negotiation skills required to close a business transaction/sale
• Accurate and attention to detail.
• Ability to multi-task and manage a demanding workload in a pressurised environment.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.