Sales Manager - Sub Saharan African Regions
Sales and Marketing
The primary purpose of this role is to drive the growth of the company’s automotive business in SSA countries. You will be required to accelerate distribution development in SSA countries and accelerate market conversion. Drive salesforce development and specialization and collaborate with emerging markets management, to align the divisions' strategy with the overall Group strategy.
• University degree in Economics or Business or related fields.
• Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in Sales Management with multiple brands and channels.
• Marketing concepts in the areas of brand positioning, pricing & promotions
• Financial principles and conventions
• Sales Management principles and CRM
• Automotive technical and systems
• Methods to manage, develop and motivate a large team
• Excellent English
• Strategic & Analytical Thinking
• Microsoft Applications.
• Automotive industry experience
• Technical background
Key Result Areas:
• Regularly track the performance of Sales, GP per channel of distribution and customer and ensure business plan actions are executed.
• Monitor distribution, fleet penetration and management and business growth through distribution optimization, added services and new market development.
• Monitor product performance tracking in alignment with the Technical Manager and distributors.
• Coordinate SSA cluster sales team with Demand Planning, S&OP process, marketing, supply chain, finance and HR & Sales Ops.
• Cooperate with Consumer & Commercial Sales Directors MEA in order to ensure programme harmonization and Customer Relationship Management.
• Achieve Gross Profit and volume by brand and product groups.
• Adherence and rollout of pricing policy
• Accelerate brand premium positioning in the MEA/SSA region in conjunction with the positioning of associated brands and capitalizing on product performance.
• Analyse market trends and competitors’ activities to evaluate the effectiveness of sales actions.
• Optimize forecasting of brands and sizes by customer to allow efficient production planning, SKU management and tactical pricing in line with overall pricing policy.
• Develops sales force to become best-in-class specialists and consultants, with a focus on the distributor’s sell-out and fleet penetration.