Transport Manager (FMCG)
FMCG, Food & Beverages
Our client is seeking an experienced candidate who has gained extensive distribution experience in the FMCG/Supply Chain sector. Assume responsibility for the entire distribution fleet. Ideally be able to start at short notice.
• Transport Diploma and or studying towards one and or Management Diploma• 10yrs in distribution sector• SAP (advantage)• Experience in material handling in the FMCG industry essential• Experience in a service environment would be advantageous• Must have own transport
Key Result Areas:
• Preventative vehicle maintenance scheduling in accordance with prescribed maintenance contracts and standard operating procedures.
• Evaluation of vehicle management system data and the submittal of KPI reports which will include:
o Fuel Consumptionso Kilometre statisticso Driver ratingso Tyre usageo Vehicle abuseo Driver and Vehicle Statistics
• Budget and cost management
• Vehicle check sheets and routine fleet inspections.
• Compilation and submittal of Goods in Transit and Vehicle Accident Insurance claims.
• Manage administration of all Fleet activities.
• Management of staff, appraisals and bonus processes and general discipline
• Ensure efficient despatching of vehicles
• Timely reports of vehicles despatched, broken down, and empty.
• Loading according to SOP’s and best practise.
• Efficiency and waste wise, cost effective in operations