Job opening has expired
Engineering and Manufacturing
Our client operating in the manufacturing sector is seeking a skilled Purchasing Manager to negotiate with suppliers and vendors to secure advantageous terms. You will be required to control the procurement budget and promote a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs. In addition, you will be required to oversee and manage the systems that track shipments, inventory, and the supply of goods.
Qualifications and Experience
• Minimum BCom or similar graduate qualification, with relevant majors i.e. Supply Chain Management/Procurement or equivalent.
• 5– 10 Years previous experience in the management of buying and supply chain management.
• Good understanding of import and export tax/ tariffs legislation and associated implications
• Highly skilled/Advanced knowledge in JD Edwards Purchasing processing system is essential
• Strong understanding of business principles and finance to interpret data and make strategic recommendations.
• Computer IT desktop proficiency and advanced proficiency in MS Office,
• Ability to prioritise and plan work, handle a diversity of tasks simultaneously, meet deadlines consistently, manage projects and cope under pressure.
• Demonstrates commitment to teamwork, service, integrity, confidentiality and work independently.
• Assertive, decisive, able to build professional relationships. Confident to communicate at all levels.
• Well-developed management and strong interpersonal skills
• Good communication skills (verbal & written)
• Extreme confidentiality and discretion