Accounting and Finance
Reporting to the COO and the Group Financial Director our client is seeking the following skills and experience to fulfil this role. It is essential that you have proven experience in managing a finance department in excess of 10 people
• 3-4yrs post articles if CA
5-7yrs experience in a similar position if BCom/BCom Honours with a minimum of Accounts 3
• Working knowledge of GAAP principles• Proficient in Microsoft Office, financial software applications and highly proficient in Excel• Experience in a trading environment (distribution/retail)• Strong Management skills• Analytical with attention to detail and thoroughness• Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills• Strong initiative and follow through. Decision Maker/ Take Accountability/SELF STARTER• Ability to multitask and problem solve
• Oversee the operations of the Finance Department, designing and making use of a framework within which to set goals and objectives
• Manage and oversee the full financial function
• Produce financial and operational reporting with analysis that provides insight to the business.
• Review financial data for accuracy, correctness and completeness.
• Review and evaluate for cost reduction opportunities.
• Compile audit pack and liaise with the auditors during the annual audit.
• Ensure compliance with statutory legislation and regulations.
• Oversee BEE compliance reporting.
• Review, interpret and update internal control policies, procedures and processes.
• Assist in various Adhoc financial analysis, financial systems and special projects.
• Will require exposure and thorough knowledge of the following:
• Preparation of monthly Management reports
• Review and oversee creditors and debtors age analyses
• Cashflow projection and cash management
• Oversee Supplier payments and collections
• Forex supplier payments and FEC/LC management
• All financial aspects of the Payroll including commissions
• VAT compliance and returns (exports and imports)
• Targets and Budgets
• Credit Applications and Vendor Applications
• Exposure to debt insurance
• All statutory requirements including Income Tax, Vat, Popi Act etc