Customer Care Manager
Johannesburg North – Gauteng
The main purpose of your job is to manage and direct a team of customer service specialists in their daily operations. Thereby you ensure continuous improvement of performance to meet or exceed customers. You will participate in the planning, development, and execution of strategies to drive best practices adoption and sustainable value creation.
Essential Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Minimum matric certificate and preferably a tertiary level of education
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant Contact Centre, or Customer Relations experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a Team Leader with operational experience in Customer Service
- Experience in dealing or working with/for Customers or Suppliers (Distributors, Retailers, Suppliers, etc.) and affinity with the FMCG/Retail sector
- Good understanding of Contact Centre technology and processes
- Proven ability to achieve sales quotas and targets
- Ability to compile and maintain MIS Reports
- Project management skills in a Customer Services related area
- Strong people skills
- Ability to demonstrate leadership skills
- Strong ability to communicate in English and Afrikaans verbally and in writing
Key Role Responsibilities
- Contribute to and interpret the Group CRM strategies, policies and procedures and implement programmes and processes to deploy these in an effective and efficient manner
- Effectively manage and assist the Customer Service Office team to ensure full support to all customers and timely and correct end-to-end administrative flows
- Meet all service level objectives and response time targets regarding voice, e-mail, social media and any other form of authorised communication
- Optimise the Order cycle, reducing Cost-to-Serve and increasing operational efficiencies
- Perform inbound and outbound call functions to ensure that quality standards are maintained
- Customer Complaints are responded to and closed in a timeous and professional manner
- Drive value-added sales and supply chain initiatives by continuously analysing data
- Recognize customer-specific opportunities that will enhance the Supply Chain performance
- Organise team/department activities to ensure optimal efficiency and productivity of team members. Ensure proper backups for each job.
- Develop, coach and support team members to help them reach their full professional potential and to solve issues and support a continuous improvement culture.
- Set clear objectives and perform periodic evaluations according to the company cycle.
- Establish and manage the budget for the unit.