Engineering and Manufacturing
Reporting to the Operations Manager in production. Essential that you meet or exceed the following minimum requirements:
• Recognised qualification in Production Planning/ Operations/ Production Management
• Grade 12 with Mathematics would be advantageous
• Previous experience working on Syspro or related system
• 5 years working experience in manufacturing and planning department essential with a full understanding of manufacturing processes
• Proficient in English. (read, write and speak)
Key Result Areas:
• Plan, schedule and monitor production for all levels of production to component level
• Measure performance and adjust the plan to suit breakdowns etc.
• Daily, weekly and monthly reports on adherence to plan.
• Develop and implement capacity planning systems for all areas of the plant.
• Schedule and plan for maintenance and repairs for manufacturing operations.
• Schedule and arrange changeovers according to the Production Plan
• Monitor and plan backorders to satisfy customer requirements.
• Convert sales forecast into the production plan.
• Create jobs for production plans.
• Monitor inventory levels to ensure agreed minimal stocking levels are maintained.
• Manage and maintain minimal WIP levels.