Financial Manager – Contract to Perm
Accounting and Finance
Our client operating is seeking a Financial Manager that gained experience in the Retail or Franchise sector. You must be available immediately or ending off a contract position and not currently permanently employed. The key to this role is that you have IQ Retail Point of Sale system experience.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
• Retail or Franchise background
• Must have knowledge and experience working with the IQ Retail Point of Sale system
• B.Com Accounting & CIMA
• SAP knowledge advantageous
• Commercial Experience (Retail & Franchising or Retail and Manufacturing)
• Strong Analytical Skills
• Time Management Skills
• Planning and Organisation Skills
• Strong Interpersonal Skills
• Problem Solving Skills
• Verbal and Written Communication Skills
Main Responsibilities of the Job
• Work closely with the Sales Manager on any queries related to sales and costing.
• Work closely with CEO, GM, CFO and Sales Manager to action plans related to data analyses results.
• Monitor BOMs for all products in the system to ensure that they are accurate to facilitate costing and profitability analysis through the IQ system.
• Analyse the products and customer profitability and identify loss-making products.
• Perform monthly sales analyses, including sales mix and sales price variance analyses and report it to the Sales Manager.
• Financially manage the stock that is sold and sent out to all retail outlets.
• Understand risk, business processes and controls
• Understanding of the National Credit Act & The Consumer Protection Act
• Interface with sales to communicate credit decisions and ensure a bi-annual review of credit limits and terms for customers takes place and is communicated to the business thereafter
• Analysis of cost centre reports with Retail Cost Centre Managers and Corporate Balance Sheet recons in order to provide accurate reporting on corporate spend compared to budget and forecast