GM Logistics – Botswana
Supply Chain, Distribution, Logistics, Transport
Our client is seeking a senior-level candidate who possesses rich & extensive knowledge of the logistics industry with excellent command over general management, operations, road transport, commercial, managing documentation, administration and customer service. My client will consider an ex-pat for the position, ideally, you will be a Botswanian citizen.
• Tertiary qualification in Transport Management, Supply Chain or Logistics Management• Strong operational experience, ideally having worked in a Senior Management role• Solid working knowledge of budgeting, sales, business development, and strategic planning• Proven track record in transporting commodities• Management qualification such MDP, SMDP,EDP or MBA will be an added advantage
Key Result Areas:
• Managing the revenue and assets• Direct operations to meet budget and other financial goals• Oversee budgetary planning and processes• Direct short-term and long-range planning, and budget development to support strategic business goals• Analyse and approve forecasting• Manage and control revenue, costs and profit• Reduce cost through optimization of People, Processes, Technologies• Ensure reporting and integrity of financial results• Profitably manage growth and future expansion plans• Comply with the appropriate GAAP, regulatory requirements, and audit requirements.
Execute business strategies:
• Develop, establish, and execute the operating plan and strategy for the short, medium and long terms.• Develop and monitor systems to manage operational work, operating processes and procedures• Maintain and monitor operating processes and procedures• Direct and participate in acquisition and growth activities, to support overall business objectives and plans• In conjunction with Support Services oversee risk management and legal activities including but not limited to letters of agreement, contracts, leases, and other legal documents and agreements• Provide guidance and leadership through the management of the company's metrics and measurement reporting process• Drive Best Practices across the contracts
Manage marketing strategies
• Ensure and maintain on going operational relationships with the customers• Facilitate the achievement of yearly growth targets• Analyse current client's business and propose additional outsource opportunities
Manage Snr. Management Team
• Provide strategic leadership for the Senior Management Team and oversee their functions• Drive change, accountability, and excellence within Management Team• Integrate People through Vision, Mission, Values and Org Structures