Senior Systems Engineer
Information Technology & Telecommunications
You will be required to assist project teams with technical issues. These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions.
• Minimum of university degree or national diploma• Minimum of 8 years of experience in a similar profile is preferred.• Experience in and knowledge of:
- System Administration.- Middleware management and administration.- Developing Standards, Policies, Processes and Procedures.- LAN/WAN Knowledge.- Proxy Servers.- Training , Multi-tasking, On-Call.- Networking Knowledge, Network Hardware Configuration, Network Maintenance.- Network Storage, Virtualization, Network Operating Systems.- Server Hardware, Server Clustering.
• Windows Server experience.• Linux experience.• Cisco experience.• Database management experience will be valuable but is not required.• ITIL and COBIT is highly recommended and will be highly beneficial.• ISO 27000 Background will be beneficial.• Vendor/Technology related Certifications will be advantageous
Key Performance areas:
• Establishes system specifications by conferring with users; analysing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing system infrastructure.
• Establishes system by planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of PC and server hardware, software, LAN and WAN networks, and operating and system management systems, defining system and operational policies and procedures.
• Maintains system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting system hardware, software, networks and operating and system management systems; designing and running system load/stress testing; escalating application problems to vendor.
• Secures system by developing system access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; establishing and testing disaster recovery policies and procedures; completing back-ups; maintaining documentation.
• Upgrades system by conferring with vendors and services; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements and new software.
• Meets financial requirements by submitting information for budgets, monitoring expenses.