Financial Director - Manufacturing
Accounting and Finance
East Rand, Johannesburg
Are you looking for a role that allows you to become more operationally involved in the running of the business? Become the right hand to the MD and drive strategies in a highly technical field. If you are a leader of people and processes – this is the position for you !!! Responsible for the full financial and reporting function of the company with branches and factories situated in the major centres around South Africa. Ideally suit a commercially astute FD that has managed turnover in excess of R200 million.
• CIMA / BCom Accounting essential• Industrial Wholesale / Retail / Manufacturing experience essential• Solid and extensive management accounting experience essential• ERP system expertise• Import and export exposure• Experience exporting to African countries• Consignment stock control experience• Managed finance through a branch network• Dealings with banks for both local and foreign funding requirements
Key Result Areas:
• Form part of the EXCO team that will shape overall strategy and direction
• Run a tight finance operation that is efficient and effective is essential to business success.
• Instilling a financial approach and mind set throughout the business to help other parts of the business perform better.
• Preparation of annual business plans including budgets with all required KPI’s
• Preparation of monthly and quarterly forecasts
• Monthly Group reporting and Business performance monitoring.
• Investigations into the major risk areas of the business and providing input into how best to be managed and minimised
• Provide guidance as to opportunities to improvement and development of operational procedures and in particular the impact on finance
• Engage and work with the Group IT Team to improve the automation of all financial and operational functions and integrations
• Attend board meetings and compile all board reports
• Manage and report on all treasury functions as well as foreign currency transactions connected to imports and facilitate timeous payments.
• Oversee and monitor the stock holding and management thereof