Head of Human Resources (Retail)
Human Resources & Skills Development
Reporting to the CEO, this position would ideally suit a mature HR Manager that has extensive experience at an EXCO level and is currently working in a mid-sized FMCG / retail company. This is the most senior HR position in the company with no promotional prospects. A hands-on practitioner with proven experience with respect to developing and implementing HR strategies for the business.
• Relevant tertiary qualification in Human Resources Management.• Min 10 years HR experience in a mid-sized organisation• 5 years’ experience in a management role at an EXCO level• Retail / FMCG / Food sector experience essential
Key Result Areas:
• Assume responsibility for the development and implementation of the company HR strategy aligned to the company’s overall strategic objectives
• Lead the full HR function and be the expert and point of contact for all HR-related requirements and issues.
• Ensure that all Group HR policies are maintained, legally compliant and implemented correctly
• Conduct annual salary benchmarking and reviews and offer advice on increases, package alignment and bonus structures
• Studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management;
• Updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions;
• Establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing programme; counselling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analysing interviews and making recommendations;
• Establishing and conducting orientation and training programmes
• Establishing a performance assessment system;
• Ensures legal compliance with the relevant employment, employment equity and skills development laws;